Study Abroad, Summer Session, Career Strategy, and Fellowships and Funding
When it comes to study abroad…
- Take ownership of your options: Consider your goals and learn how you might match a program to your interests
- Perfect your plans: Research study abroad program options and review the application process
- Hear from other Yalies: Read through Yale student experiences or reach out to a study abroad alum for advice
- Note the deadlines: Yale’s summer study abroad applications typically open in December;. program deadlines vary
- When you get back: Meet with a Study Abroad Adviser or attend an upcoming event
When it comes to summer session…
- Take ownership of your options: Browse over Yale Summer Session (YSS) course offerings and find the right fit —online, abroad, or in New Haven
- Perfect your plans: Look over the online course schedule to determine how you might lighten your term-time load
- Hear from other Yalies: Read the blog entries of YSS alums for a sense of a YSS summer
- Note the deadlines: The application period typically opens in mid-January
- When you get back: There are all kinds of ways to connect. Sign up to receive Summer Session updates
When it comes to career strategy…
- Take ownership of your options: Browse jobs and internship program and internship program descriptions in Yale Career Link powered by Symplicity, including Yale-coordinated Domestic & International Internships, as well as on the Office of Career Strategy (OCS) website
- Perfect your plans: Look over the resources available and ones that will help amp up your application by using the OCS Workbook
- Hear from other Yalies: Access Peer Networking on Yale Career Link
- Note the deadlines: for Yale-coordinated Internships, the application deadline usually falls mid-January
- When you get back: Attend drop-in hours at OCS (55 Whitney Ave.), or schedule an appointment with a Career Adviser
When it comes to fellowships and funding…
- Take ownership of your options: Browse the Fellowships Website and hundreds of fellowship descriptions in the Students Grants Database (SGDB).
- Perfect your plans: Review the available resources, including timelines, and subscribe to your class year’s newsletter to stay informed.
- Hear from other Yalies: Read the stories and reports of previous fellowship winners.
- Note the deadlines: Ready yourself for application deadlines, including CIPE year-long study, term-time study, summer study, fellowships, and Center for International and Professional Experience (CIPE) research fellowships by clicking on the CIPE link.
- When you get back: Stop by Fellowships (55 Whitney Ave.) for drop-in hours on Fridays from 2 – 4 PM, find upcoming info sessions on the Fellowships Calendar, or, if in the process of pursuing an opportunity, schedule an appointment with a Fellowships Adviser.
Click here for a run-down of career choices and salaries of graduating students in past years, and for the summer choices of current Yale College students.