the 2021-2022 Academic Fair will take place VIRTUALly on AUgust 31, 2:00-3:30 p.m. (ET)
Zoom links are available on the Academic Fair 2021 Zoom Links webpage
► Click here for the Academic Fair Zoom links
- To showcase courses, majors, programs and departments
- To provide an occasion for incoming students to seek guidance and accurate information about courses, placement, and prerequisites for majors
- To allow students to meet the director of undergraduate studies, other faculty, staff, or majors in each department
- To share news of upcoming departmental initiatives or events
- To distribute departmental contact information for follow-up meetings
All first-year students, including transfer students, and Eli Whitney students. Returning students are also welcome and, every year, some sophomores, in particular, attend.
This year’s Academic Fair will be all-virtual, as will all of First-Year Orientation, with Zoom meetings being the norm. First-Year Orientation runs from August 3-28, 2020.
August 4, 7, 11, and 14 have been set aside for academic events featuring Yale’s 80+ subjects of instruction.
A Yale College Website landing page will launch soon with two links per department or major:
- a link to each department’s undergraduate section, where links to any department’s or major’s Virtual Academic Fair Zoom meetings will be posted
- a link to the Yale College Program of Studies First Year tab with course information specifically for first-years
Yale College academic resources offices, such as the library, the Center for Language Study, the Writing Program, and many more, have been invited to schedule their own Zoom meetings on other dates in August.
Virtual Academic Fair Calendar
All students new to Yale are encouraged to browse the First-Year Orientation calendar on YaleConnect for department, major, and academic resource office listings.