Tips from the Offices of Study Abroad, Yale Summer Session, Career Strategy, and Fellowships and Funding
(units within the Center for International and Professional Experience, a.k.a. CIPE)
When it comes to study abroad…
- Take ownership of your options: Consider your goals and learn how you might match a program to your interests
- Perfect your plans: Research study abroad program options and review the application process
- Hear from other Yalies: Read through Yale student experiences or reach out to a study abroad alum for advice
- Note the deadlines: Yale’s summer study abroad applications typically open in December;. program deadlines vary
- When you get back: Meet with a Study Abroad Adviser or attend an upcoming event
When it comes to summer session…
- Take ownership of your options: Browse over Yale Summer Session (YSS) course offerings and find the right fit —online, abroad, or in New Haven
- Perfect your plans: Look over the online course schedule to determine how you might lighten your term-time load
- Hear from other Yalies: Read the blog entries of YSS alums for a sense of a YSS summer
- Note the deadlines: The application period typically opens in mid-January
- When you get back: There are all kinds of ways to connect. Sign up to receive Summer Session updates
When it comes to career strategy…
- Take ownership of your options: Browse jobs and internship program and internship program descriptions in Yale Career Link powered by Symplicity, including Yale-coordinated Domestic & International Internships, as well as on the Office of Career Strategy (OCS) website; check out the Summer Internships & Professional Experiences link on this website’s homepage.
- Perfect your plans: Look over the resources available and ones that will help amp up your application by using the OCS Workbook
- Hear from other Yalies: Access Peer Networking on Yale Career Link
- Note the deadlines: for Yale-coordinated Internships, the application deadline usually falls mid-January
- When you get back: Attend virtual drop-in hours or schedule an appointment with a Career Adviser
When it comes to fellowships and funding…
- Take ownership of your options: Browse the Fellowships Website and hundreds of fellowship descriptions in the Students Grants Database (SGDB).
- Perfect your plans: Review the available resources, including timelines, and subscribe to your class year’s newsletter to stay informed.
- Hear from other Yalies: Read the stories and reports of previous fellowship winners.
- Note the deadlines: Ready yourself for application deadlines, including CIPE year-long study, term-time study, summer study, fellowships, and Center for International and Professional Experience (CIPE) research fellowships by clicking on the CIPE link.
- When you get back: Browse the Fellowships Office website for virtual drop-in hours, find upcoming info sessions on the Fellowships Calendar, or, if in the process of pursuing an opportunity, schedule an appointment with a Fellowships Adviser.
Click here for a run-down of career choices and salaries of graduating students in past years, and for the summer choices of current Yale College students.