For College Advisers
- Tell me something about your hometown?
- Please describe your high school for me.
- How did COVID affect your high school experience? Did you have periods of remote learning?
- How did you spend your summer?
- Reflecting back on your high school experience, what stands out? What went well? What would you have done differently?
- Which course(s) in high school did you look forward to attending, and why? Which course(s) were your least favorites, and why?
- What are your goals for this term?
- Thinking (way) ahead, where do you see yourself in four years?
- What do you see yourself doing after graduation?
- How do you plan to approach fall course selection?
- Will you participate in extra-curricular activities?
- Are you satisfied with your room assignment? Your suitemates?
- Are you coming to Yale with ideas for a possible major?
- How do you think your Yale schedule will look different from your high school schedule?
- What kind of course have you always wanted to take but, so far, never had the chance to?
- Do you understand how course selection works?
- Have you attended any courses already? If yes, what was your reaction?
- Do you need my help in explaining how faculty office hours work, how to contact a DUS, or how to arrange tutoring?
- Have you thought about your schedule overall?
- Selecting a mix of large and small courses?
- Seminars and lectures?
- Different kinds of graded assignments with different due dates or mid-term exam dates?
- Incorporating subjects beyond the usual high school math/science/English/language?
- How are your courses going? Which do you look forward to the most? The least? Why?
- Have you begun to make a personal connections with any of your professors?
- Have you thought about doing research this summer? Study abroad during term-time or during the summer?
- How is life in your residential college?
- How do you spend your time outside of the classroom? Are you participating in any organized activities?