Majors and the Sophomore Year

One adviser at a time: Students may only have one official adviser at a time, generally either the college adviser or the director of undergraduate studies (DUS). Once a student declares a major, that student is then advised the the DUS of the major or the DUS’s designee. The student, in turn, disappears from the college adviser’s list of advisees and appears instead on the DUS’s list.

AYA Database (find out the fields alumni majored in and the careers they have undertaken since graduation)

Courses and Majors section of this website

Declaring or Changing a Major

Yale College students can declare or change their major by logging into the Student Information Systems (SIS) web site and clicking on “Academics,” and then on “Declare Major and Grant Access to Grades/Status”.

Majors in Yale College

Major “Roadmaps”

Rules about Two Majors